Featured events

« October 2019 »
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031

Advanced Instrumentation (INST 1)

Electronic document: 
Créditos Totales: 
4.0
Delivery dates: 
First semester
Type of subject: 
Optativa
Instructional Objectives: 
After a general introduction in which the student reviews the general principles of electronic instrumentation, the subject consists of two blocks. In the first one, dedicated to electronic instrumentation is intended to provide a knowledge of electronics to the design, construction and management of electronic instruments. These skills include techniques both conventional analog and digital circuitry in instrumentation as related to noise and its treatment. In a second part, dedicated to electronic instrumentation itself, is intended to enable the student to master the actual physical quantity measurement, for which we present the general principles of sensors and transducers, we study the most common and are briefly described associated instrumentation systems. Finally, it also includes the description and study of computer-instrument control and some common systems and instrumentation devices.

 

Program: 

INTRODUCTION
BASIC SYSTEMS DATA ACQUISITION

- Applications of converters in data acquisition systems.
- Data collection plates.
- Data loggers.

INSTRUMENTAL COMPACT AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
- Compact systems: instrumentation buses.
- Distributed systems: fieldbus.
- Some proprietary systems.

INTELLIGENT SENSORS
- Advanced sensors.
- Wireless sensors.
- Networks of sensors.
- Regulations.

VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTATION
- Principles and philosophy of virtual instrumentation.
- Systems based on commands (SCSI).
- Development graphical environments (LabView).
- Architectures (SICL, VISA, IVI).
- SCADA.

MEASURES, METROLOGY AND PATTERNS
- Introduction to the measure.
- Expression and calculation of uncertainties A and B.
- Propagation of uncertainties.
- Calibration and traceability. Introduction to employers.
- Accreditation, certification: standards

 

Teaching methodology
The methodology consists of classes in which they are presented and proposed to develop the issues students must solve cases and present the teacher and the rest of the class, debating the solution adopted. This system is intended to engage students in the techniques developed in this subject and are aware of the training needs they require.
In the section on Virtual Instrumentation, during classes will be held, as an exercise, use practices and program design in posts LabView LFI Laboratory of Electronic Instrumentation.
In summary, the main lines which includes the teaching methodology of the course are:
- Master classes.
- Presentation and discussion of papers.
- Problem solving.
- Labs in Virtual Instrumentation.

Review: 
Evaluation
The evaluation will be done by assessing the work / problems proposed along the course, with a total weight of 60% of the final grade, and a final exam multiple choice with the remaining 40%.
In the valuation of the proposed work will be considered, apart from the technical aspects, the ability to present, explain and defend the chosen solutions to the teacher and the rest of the course.

 

 

Más Información
Subject code: 
93000727
Course Number which belongs within the qualification: 
1
Center impartation: 
ETSIT
Academic year of teaching: 
2013-2014
Bibliography: 

The teaching materials made ​​available to students is:
- Slides.
- Statements of the proposed cases.
The material will be accessible via the Internet as they develop lessons.
This course does not follow a particular textbook and indeed it is difficult to cite one that covers a significant part of it, because much of the information is constantly evolving. Available information will be used in various network systems and protocols, using as appropriate the information provided by various foundations and partnerships involved in many of these issues. Obviously, the initial links will be provided to students.
Among the basic books are available for reference, are the following:
- J. R. Taylor, An Introduction to Error Analysis, 2nd edition, University Science Books, 1997.
- Guide to the expression of uncertainty, Spanish Centre of Metrology, 2000.
- M. A. Pérez García et al., Instrumentation Electronics, Thomson, 2004.
- M. Ilyas, I. Mahgoub, Handbook of Sensor Networks: Compact Wireless and Wired Sensing Systems, CRC Press, 2005.
- E. H. Callaway, Wireless Sensor Networks: Architecture and Protocols, Auerbach Publications, 2004.
- Robert Helser, Visual Programming with HP VEE, Hewlett-Packard Professional Books, Prentice Hall PTR, 1998.
- National Instruments Corporation, LabView Tutorial Manual, 1996.
- Practices Manual Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation 2013-14.